Saturday, April 05, 2008

Ten

What in the world......?...... yes, ten tissues. I was kind. I didn't use a flash because, ugh, you don't really want to see details, correct? And what does this have to do with travel, you're wondering? Well, not much, except that I only have ten days to recover from the crud I finally managed to catch from - EVERYBODY. I do believe I'm the last person in town to catch what has been going around for months.

UGH. I feel so crappy. There's the stuffy nose, blow, blow, blow, blow - as evidenced in the photo above. Didn't take me too long to collect enough for the photo.

Then there's the Pressure Head, so that my eyes hurt and my ears hurt and my thoughts seem locked away in individual rooms with double insulation between them so that no individual thought can connect up or communicate with any other individual thought. Thinking beyond basic cause and affect (drip/blow, need oxygen/breath, dog bark/bang on wall) is difficult.

And of course the cosmetic side affects - if I don't get better soon, I'll look like Rudolph the Red Nosed Tourist.

Last and definitely least pleasant, coughing spells until I'm afraid I'm going to pass out - or cough up a lung.

No, maybe the pounding headaches, with a coating of migraine symptoms is least pleasant. Or maybe the worst was having to choose between breathing or sleeping, managing to do both simultaneously for only a couple of hours sometime AFTER the sun rose this morning.

I can't decide. It requires thinking, and juggling that much information at one time is too daunting a task at the moment. Perhaps tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get out the emergenc -C. I had this awful thing you are describing for 2 weeks in Oct. and 1 in February. Really wipes you out! My hugs for a quick recovery.
Terri

11:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Laume,
I love this countdown! I am sorry that you have the crude, I have somehow managed to avoid it so far, fingers crossed.

I second the emergenC

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home