Sunday, May 17, 2009

Spring Turns into Summer!

Didn't I just post about how spring has arrived? Well, regardless of what the calender says, the temperature is now screaming summer. The last few days have been HOT. Which is fine, 'specially since we get lovely cool sleeping weather up here at night. But it makes it hard to work in the garden and there's still so much to do. I don't even have much planted yet, because of all the chaos in the backyard, plus of course things happen at a more casual (but fun) pace with a two year old helper.



Speaking of chaos, Joli painted some lovely paintings for us yesterday in the shade of the maple tree. We hung them on Rosie's fence, an al fresco art gallery. (In case you can't tell, those are all paintings of faeries.)



I've been eyeing this little outfit every time I saw it at the store this spring and when it went on sale for $2, only two left and one in Joli's size, I grabbed it. Isn't it cute?



I like this pic, with the flowers matching her outfit. I was trying to get her to pose closer to them, but she wouldn't cooperate. It's either "take my picture, take my picture!" or flat out "No!"


Joli is often someone else. She's "faery Joli" or "monster Joli" or "princess Joli"... She grabbed my hat while we were in the car, put it on her head and said "I'm Grammy Joli!"

Today everyone is off at work or at a barbeque in Redding and it's just me and the pets at home. I've been working in short bursts on the stone work in the back yard. The sun is too hot to be out there beneath it for long but I didn't want to wait until tonight to get started. I'm sooooo ready to have it completely laid and move on to the next phase of putting things back together. I'm posting this during one of my shade and tea breaks.

I might be VERY sore by tomorrow. But if I get it finished, it'll be worth it. Sigh, I guess it's time to get back to it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Adorable paintings, adorable little girl! I hope you're not too sore...

4:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

sweetie Joli...

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home