Friday, January 01, 2010

Book List for 2009

For several years now I've set reading goals. Can't remember what my goals were for this year. Regardless, about halfway through the year I decided it didn't matter whether I met them or not, that having reached my goals for the past few years I'd created a conscious routine to my reading that worked well without some specific number to meet. As for reading more of a variety of books, the book club I joined helps with that. For the record, I think my goal was at least a book a week so, at 54 books, I think I met it.

I'll post my top favorite reads of 2009 in the next post or so but for now I thought I'd toss out the total list for you. An asterisk means it was a Book Club choice and I mention when it's a book I'm rereading.

January

1. Sugar Plum Dead by Carolyn Hart
2. The Girl With the Phony Name by Charles Mathes
3. From Dead to Worse by Charlaine Harris
4. Index to Murder by Jo Dereske
5. A Girl Named Zippy by Haven Kimmel
6. Muder in the Rue de Paradis by Cara Black
7. The Onion Girl by Charles DeLint
8. Circle of Five by Dolores Stewart Riccio

February

9. 12 Secrets of Highly Creative Women by Gail McMeekin
10. You Slay Me by Katie MacAlister
11. Don't Let's Go to the Dogs Tonight by Alexander Fuller*
12. Dreams From My Father by Barack Obama
13. Moonheart by Charles DeLint
14. Paris to the Moon by Adam Gopnik

March

15. Crazy in Alabama by Mark Childress*
16. Small Favor by Jim Butcher
17. Death at Death's Door by Jill Thompson
18. The Sandman; Endless Nights by Neil Gaiman
19. Defending Angels by Mary Stanton

April

20. Valiant by Holly Black
21. The Harlequin by Laurell Hamilton
22. Coraline by Neil Gaiman
23. The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
24. Charmed Circle by Dolores Stewart Riccio

May

25. The Girl with No Shadow by Joanne Harris
26. A Lesson Before Dying by Ernest Gaines *
27. The Wolves in the Walls by Neil Gaiman
28. The Divine Circle of Ladies Making Mischief by Dolores Stewart Riccio
29. The Wild Trees by Richard Preston

June

30. The Tortilla Curtain by T. C. Boyle* (reread)
31. Dead and Gone by Charlaine Harris
32. Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman * (my choice) (reread)
33. Incantation by Alice Hoffman
34. Angel's Advocate by Mary Stanton

July

35. Ironside by Holly Black
36. Spiritwalk by Charles DeLint

August

37. Cockatiels at Seven by Donna Andrews
38. The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
39. Candle Life by Venero Armanno

September

40. Carpe Jugulum by Terry Pratchett
41. Sick of Shadows by Sharyn McCrumb
42. Inkheart by Cornelia Funke
43. When You are Engulfed in Flames by David Sedaris
44. The Road by Cormac McCarthy*
45. Undine by Penni Russon

October

46. Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews
47. Dracula by Bram Stoker
48. The Divine Circle of Ladies Courting Trouble by Dolores Stewart Riccio

November

49. Haunting Jordan by P. J. Alderman
50. Somplace to be Flying by Chales DeLint

December

51. Six Geese A-Slaying by Donna Andrews
52. Marked by P.C. and Kristin Cast
53. Mythago Wood by Robert Holdstock
54. The Gates by John Connolly

3 Comments:

Blogger Jaye said...

WOW! Our book lists only overlap by a couple and I don't think I read any this year that you read. Interesting! I am glad that there are many books out there.

2:02 PM  
Blogger Jennifer MacNeill said...

Oooo, I read Anansi Boys & The Road. They were wonderul. Also the Charlaine Harris/True Blood books for fun. Wish I had more time to read:)

6:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, you are a prolific reader!! Thank you for your list, I have read many, but many more I have not heard of. I have been enjoying the Eliot Pattison series of Tibetan murder mysteries lately. I'm reading Barbara Kingsolver's new one right now...The Lacuna.

Here's to another year of good reads!

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home