Friday, February 18, 2011

OWOH Door Prize Winners

The faeries boss me around a surprising amount of the time these days.  Which is probably a good thing as I boss everyone else around usually.  Balances out the karma and what not.  They wanted to be in charge of selecting the door prize winners again this year and, along with choosing the number, they also decided that there should be TWO winners - one for the set of Faery Tails and one for a photographic print.

IMG_0428

 Someone put snow hats on all the sunflowers.


When I mentioned that it wasn't like I had a lot of time to do both they just threw tea spoons and Scrabble letter pieces at me and went off to play in the snow.  (Speaking of Scrabble pieces, that's why my announcement is up so late.  The power was out all last evening because snowflakes just wouldn't stop falling from the sky and apparently they decorated the power lines in pretty Not Working Anymore garlands, and so we were busy, sans internet connection, keeping warm by the fire while I soundly beat everyone in a game of Scrabble.  Mwahahahahaha!.... but I digress.)


The winner of the Faery Tails is:

Ellie, Woman of Many Blogs and no E-mail link.  Ah.  Yes.  That's the way of the fae type - ephemeral, hard to pin down, not really here nor there but rather somewhere inbetween.  So Ellie, I've left a comment on one of your more recent blog posts and hope you can get in touch with me.

The winner of the Photo Print of Your Choosing (can you hear the big announcer's voice in which I said that last bit?) is:

Lisa, of Life. Truth. Art.  Congratulations Lisa, and I've emailed you backchannel.  If you need help navigating my blog in search of the perfect selection, just holler. This blog even more than my studio blog, is woefully outdated and difficult to find anything in.  It's rather like trying trying to find something in the Goblin King's labyrinth but without all the fun puppet friends to help you succeed.  Sigh.  (moving blog improvement project up higher on my To Do List).

And so we close the curtains on the final year of One World One Heart.  Sigh.

But WAIT!  There's MORE! (infomercial voice)

Lisa Swifka has announced a new and improved global gathering for 2012!  Our World Our Art!  Yay!  Party on dudes!  Well, next year.

In the meantime I still plan to visit more of the OWOH 2011 participants.  At a slower pace, I really must spend some time doing noncyber-related tasks now that the deadline is past.  I only managed to make it to a small number of the almost 900 blog links.  I look forward to meeting and greeting more old and new friends as time permits, and hope more folk will amble by here as well.

And now, off to stop the faeries from shaking all that snow out of the trees and onto the freshly shoveled walkways.  They really are an incorrigibly mischevious lot.

snowfae.jpg


IMG_0506

We discovered a very magical tree on our winter walk yesterday, as well as a gathering of woodland creatures.  Most of them decided to put a bit more distance between us, but she stopped to give us an "Hey, we were here first!" look before flicking her tail at us and following her friends.

4 Comments:

Blogger Morgaine Pendragon said...

YAY! I'm so excited. I'm getting an email off to you right away. I think perhaps the pixies are playing with me, I thought my email was found via my profile. But alas not to worry...I'll be getting in touch with you ASAP.
Thank you thank you thank you!

5:50 PM  
Blogger Theresa MacNaughton said...

Congrats to your lucky winners! I'm sure they will enjoy your beautiful gifts. What a beautiful deer! The photograph looks all the more ethereal with the snow bathed in blue. It's great to meet you - hope you'll stop by sometime for a visit. Theresa

6:46 PM  
Blogger shari said...

you got that pile of snow in CA? i'm a bit jealous...can you send those fairies up here to NW WA? we didn't really get any great snowfall this winter. love your pictures!

6:42 PM  
Blogger catsmum said...

that last photo is just soooooooooooooo beautiful. I don't envy you the snow but I so covet the deer

2:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home