Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Champagne in the Garden

IMG_2614

Hi - me, waving!  Tonight was an event I look forward to every year, my friend Angie's turn to hostess our local book club group.  She always creates an "EXPERIENCE".


IMG_2612

Not hard to do when the setting is her beautiful gardens.

Everyone always starts out the evening by taking a stroll around to see what's blooming, what's new, what's still an old favorite little enclave.  Come have a look around with me.



IMG_2604


IMG_2613


IMG_2605



IMG_2611

I think she has four, maybe five water features.  The sound of water flowing, splashing, or tumbling is everywhere.


IMG_2600

There are little hideaways and sweeping lawns.


IMG_2596


IMG_2595


IMG_2592


IMG_2590


IMG_2587

I didn't take photos of all the areas, but as you can see, one could easily spend all day strolling, or lounging in the many little garden seats.


IMG_2602

Oh look, here's most of the group coming back from their tour.   Angie is front and center in the blue shirt.  Thank you again Angie!


IMG_2597

Time to enjoy the gorgeous meal she's set out for us.  (the playhouse/set in the background are for her lucky grandkids)


IMG_2598

While enjoying the beautiful, relaxing view.



IMG_2615

Oops, I forgot to take a picture until after I'd already dug into my plate, but you can see why!  There's the champagne I mentioned.  I had mine half and half with the pink lemonade and everyone thought it was a good idea and followed my example.  I'd visited the dentist earlier in the day and wasn't sure if I'd be up for a meal yet but the novocaine (or whatever it is they use these days) had worn off and I was not only ready to eat but had quite the appetite from having not eaten all day.  About the only problem I had was I dribbled a bit of my champagne.  I blamed the numbing in my lips.  Yep.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.


IMG_2621

As the light began to fade, the light cubes glowed. 


IMG_2619 

Last but not least, there was CHOCOLATE.

And if that wasn't enough, I was gifted with this month's book (which I had borrowed from the library and was thrilled to have a copy of my own and to share) and a tub of fresh raspberries from Angie's garden.   Some days are just picture perfect and lovely, lovely, lovely.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Laume-You did a terrific job capturing Angie's amazing gardens. I always look forward to the meeting in her gardens.

Barbara

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home