Friday, January 12, 2007

Finally Finished First Book of the Year

Remember that list of literary resolutions I made last week? There was one about reading at least a book a week. Of course it was a good idea to start out the year with a book that was 870 pages long, while having three babies in the house to slow me down. That's why I finally finished Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix on January 12. It wasn't hard. I mean, really, sleep is a highly overrated activity.







I'm torn. I want to jump right into the sixth Harry Potter book. I mean, that one is only 652 pages long. And I have two full days (and nights) in order to finish it by the end of the second week of the year. No problemo.

Snort.











I also want to grab up Blame it on Paris by Laura Florand. I read an interview about it over on Faster the Kudzu a while ago and have been sort of obsessed with finding it ever since. And happy, happy, joy, joy, my Amazon.com order with it just arrived in the mail. Y'know, honest, if I go to bed right now, I think Blame it on Paris is gonna be the book that comes with me. All 383 pages of it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Laume! I just wanted to say hi and let you know that I moved my personal blog to a new location:
http://terrafemme.blogspot.com
I still have Suburban Treehugger and it desperately needs to be updated. :-)
Kate

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home