Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Catastrophe Narrowly Averted

My mom called this morning.

"Are you already on your way?"

"No. I'm not leaving until tomorrow."

My mom was surprised. "You're going to drive the whole twelve hours in one day?!"

"No, I'm going to drive to the Bay Area tomorrow and drive the rest of the way on Friday and get in late Friday night."

"But the graduation ceremony is Friday morning."

"No it's not, it's Saturday morning."

"The invitation says it's Friday morning."

LONG SILENT PAUSE ON MY END. LISTEN TO MY BRAIN WHIRRING QUIETLY, PROCESSING

"Yep, here's the invitation. It says Friday."

SHORT PAUSE. DEEP BREATHING. "I have to call Lisa now."

So I call my daughter-in-law and it turns out that every time I had said "I will arrive on Friday night" she heard "I will arrive on Thursday night." and no one realized that I had it ALL WRONG!!!! I suppose that's a compliment, that they assumed I knew what I was doing.

So. ACK!!!!!!! I've spent the last hour gathering and packing and making phone calls and doing last minute things and after a quick shower William and Rosie and I will be on the road to San Diego.

Later gators!

1 Comments:

Blogger Blame It on Paris said...

YIKES! But have a fun trip! Good thing she called.

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home