Sunday, September 06, 2009

Faerieworlds - More Bad Faery Day

My server is acting up again, it's now decided to slow down in the evenings (don't we all). Unfortunately that's when I've planned on blogging and so I've been thwarted. I'm back posting this (it's really the next morning) and hopefully I can get another post in and catch up a little bit.
It's always a toss up between spending extra time catching up in "real" life or extra time catching up in my cyberlife. Sometimes I miss the "olden days" when we only had ONE life. Although I know I'd miss my global friendships and the ability to gather information at a moment's flutter of my fingertips.

So, moving on - these pics are offered in flipped order (from late afternoon backwards to morning) because it's just not worth the time to correct them. Just random bits of the day.


Here's Nonny enjoying a little lap time with her auntie.


Noel looks like a grown up Wendy here, snuggling on one of her very own little lost boys.


I didn't know this woman but we just had to get a photo together of our wings - GMTA! Her wings make me think of Guns & Roses for some reason.

We introduced Joli to our friend's daughter Ki whereupon she (Ki) immediately pronounced them new best friends. I suspect this happens on a regular basis, but it was still a very "awww" moment. (see comments - Jasmine said au contraire, this is the only time Ki has ever told anyone that! Awwww!)


More new friends, don't these twin faeries make an adorable set of matching book ends? Or more specifically, don't they make an adorable set of matching Joli ends?


Get a bunch of faeries together and of course it's gonna lead to dancing.



Our friend Copper in all her steampunk finery. The word "Copperlicious" comes to mind whenever I see this photo.


More dancing, slightly larger fae.


My friend Kristen (in the black) with her friend. Kristen was sort of wearing the black color scheme equivalent to my outfit that day.


Our friend Kylie made an awesome Jareth. (for those of you asking "Jareth?" - from the movie The Labyrinth)


My friend Whisperfae who I spent far too little time with at the festival - sniff. Her outfit was so gorgeous. And doesn't it look like those blue wings are sprouting from me in the photo?


A shot of the gorgeous main stage altar. I thought it was particularly beautiful this year. Surprising, with the overwhelming heat, that the flowers stayed so happy.


This wee dragon was so adorable. He was thoroughly enjoying spraying his mother's feet with water, not fire. Must have been a water dragon. Sea serpent?

One more set of Bad Faery Day photos to come, from sunset on. And some more Faerieworlds photos up on Laume's Studio today, over there because they're "art related". Although, it's a tough call since it seems the entire experience was one big artistic whirlwind.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sage said...

It is very funny, but the only time Ki has ever proclaimed anyone as her new best friend... It was a rock, lol.

6:20 PM  
Blogger Laume said...

Really!? Awwwwww. Well then that makes it extra special.

6:34 PM  
Anonymous shari said...

sigh... it all looks so wonderful! thank you for sharing the pictures. i LOVE everyone's costumes! dressing up is so much fun. all i need is an excuse...

9:30 PM  
Anonymous shari said...

laume, thanks for stopping over at my blog. this is the shari from tea in bohemia. i don't think we do know each other from anywhere. i think i stumbled on your blog from maybe A Fanciful Twist? maybe? anyways, what perked my interest was your blog name: beach treasure. i LOVE the beach and i ALWAYS bring treasures home with me and put them in my "beach bathroom". so i had to peek in and see what it was all about and i keep coming back for more! and BTW, can i order one of those wee dragons? he's adorable!!!

9:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What an event! I'm headed over to see MORE fabulous photos...

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home