Monday, September 14, 2009

Is It Too Early for Halloween?

Of course not, it's never too early. Halloween 365 days a year, that sounds good to me. Well, maybe take off a few weeks to squeeze the other holidays in. But now that summer is slipping into fall, I'm totally ready for the annual decorating frenzy.


My mom sent me this pretty autumn fairy a while back and she's been dangling from a piece of driftwood in my living room ever since.


Traditions often are created without intention, like the miniature gravestones that I've bought, a few each year,until they've turned the entertainment center into a sprawling cemetery each October. I found this new one at the Dollar Tree and just stuck it right up there until I unbox the rest of them. Great idea, huh. (lightbulb, great idea, get it? The lightbulb was just sitting there so I thought... never mind.)



I've been calling him Bob, in honor of Jim Butcher's skull companion. He's quite realistic looking and seems at home atop a stack of books. (like the real Bob would).

Can't do any serious decorating yet until I get the summer flotsam and jetsam cleaned up. Do you have any Halloween decorations out yet? Or am I just odd that way? ..... maybe don't answer that last question.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Barbara said...

I have two cute Halloween planters sitting empty on a shelf in my dining room. They'll be filled and moved into a more visible spot shortly. Just today I was thinking about getting my box of stuff up from the cellar, but decided to hold off another week or so. I have a...um...decorating project in mind, but it's just at the "let's price this out first" stage.

6:02 PM  
Blogger Belita Rose said...

Lots of fun new posts!! And hey, if the stores can get away with Halloween stuff all over, why can't we?!?!

10:51 PM  
Blogger Wanda said...

OHMYGOSH! Another Halloween person! I just followed a link from your post in a Halloween yahoo group to your blog. Love it! And I love Halloween, fall and Thanksgiving. You can check out my blog archives for Octobers past... I haven't put anything Halloween up on it yet this year...but soon!

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home