Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Millions of Peaches, Peaches for Me

Millions of Peaches.... Joshua used to have this album and played it all the time. We had a big ol' ancient peach tree in the side yard and the kitchen would fill with peach steam and peach juice and peach pits and peach peels and ...... putting up peaches every fall. Joshua and Sam loved to sing this song to me to accompany the annual peach putting up week.

That peach tree is gone now, old age took it. Of course Joshua is gone. No more little kids under foot. Sam is off creating little footers of his own.

Several years ago I bought a new peach tree and Hubby decided to plant it for me, next to the front door. I know, totally wrong place for a peach tree. But there it is and now it's a member of the family and there it stays.

This year there are literally millions of peaches on it. Well, okay, maybe not MILLIONS (maybe just 70,000 or so - political joke there - ha!) but TOO MANY PEACHES. I should have stripped more as they grew, three branches ultimately broke under the weight of them. I've learned a lesson. Apologized to the tree. And when this peach harvest is over, major pruning will happen and hopefully it will be a stronger, sturdier little tree because of it.

But first, I have to do something with all these peaches. And the time is NOW. The time is quickly going to be PAST now. Must. Deal. With. Peaches.



Uhm, yeah. That pretty much sums up how I feel about that. Since there's no longer younguns under foot in the kitchen to annoy and entertain me in equal measures. Sort of takes away the fun of it all.

I'll just have to rally. And sing it myself.



3 Comments:

Blogger Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Good luck with the peaches Laume! Love that song too.

9:48 PM  
Anonymous Deirdre said...

Morgan sent me a video the other day of a man who is afraid of peaches
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Az10dr0xZY

:-D eirdre

3:14 PM  
Blogger Tracy M. said...

I love that song and Video!

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home