Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Totally Tea Totalling

A Proper Tea is much nicer than a Very Nearly Tea, which is one you forget about afterwards. ~A.A. Milne


Don't think I ever showed you the tea set I bought this summer. On sale. The tea pot and the four cups. I also bought the big red tea cup on the right. And the two plates beneath the red saucer match the four cups in the set. This set calls for something light and Asian. Maybe a nice white tea or a jasmine.


I broke (well, someone ELSE broke) my basic white tea pot last week. So I ordered a new one. And while I was at it I found this tea pot and ordered it too. It arrived today! In this adorable matching box. I'll be having some of the new supply of Pumpkin Spice tea I laid in recently in it tonight.


I've been having a proper tea most cool nights recently. A tea pot. Loose tea. A different cup each time. Something sweet perhaps on the side. Which inspired me to attempt the making of my very first tea cozy. Photos of it up on Laume's Studio today.

I haven't read a Terry Pratchett in ages. So I rummaged through his many titles that I have on my bookshef to find one that I haven't read yet. I've lost count and I've read them out of order, it took me three starts to find one that didn't suddenly become familiar about three pages in. I ended up reading, for the first time, Carpe Jugulum. Which, it turns out, was the perfect read. It's about my favorite characters, the witches, specifically my favorite character, Granny Weatherwax. And it was about vampires. And it was about .... well, it wasn't about, but Terry Pratchett being an Englishmen, had many lovely references to tea. A small sip of dialogue -

"Do we have any tea?" he said.
"What is tea?" said the Countess.
"It... grows on a bush, I think," said the Count.
"How do you bite it, then?"
"You... er... lower it into boiling water, don't you?" The Count shook his head, trying to free himself of this demonic urge.
"While it's still alive?" said Lacrimosa, brightening up.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

"While it's still alive?" said Lacrimosa, brightening up

love this line!!

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home