Sunday, July 31, 2011

A Bridal Shower

This weekend was a bridal shower for my daughter-in-law-to-be Ashley.  Her mother hosted it, such a lovely spot.  The valley heat eventually won out but it held off for most of the morning so we could enjoy the picture perfect setting.

IMG_2993


IMG_2994

IMG_2996

I wish I could have taken one or two of these bunches home with me, alas I knew they'd have been completely wilted in the 100° plus temps in the car before I managed to get them home.

IMG_2998

These were yummy, even the ones that took a tumble onto the grass when they were being handed out.  Hey, two second rule, right?


IMG_3002

This beautiful guest fluttered about the entire time.


IMG_3005

Guests arriving, gathering the buffet items from the house.


IMG_3007

And a delicious buffet indeed!


IMG_3010

Then the gift opening began.  Loved the way this was displayed. 


IMG_3022

My gift, a storage box with journals, sachets, frame and photo albums to store and remember all the wedding memories.


IMG_3023

We all got plastic bling rings.  If you crossed your leg, you lost yours to someone who caught you.  I was more than happy to pass mine on quickly but I was wearing a long skirt and it took a while for someone to notice.  This guest won the game.


IMG_3036

Just before I snapped this photo there was much jumping and shrieking.  A spider was hiding inside this bag.


IMG_3040

Bella the cat was fascinated with the gifts.


IMG_3045

Oooh la la!


IMG_3050

Tears from reading a beautiful handmade scrapbook.


IMG_3053

A pink squeaky horn for the best gift of all....


IMG_3055

A pink bicycle!  (apparently there will eventually be a handlebar basket)


IMG_3058

I was tickled at the name of the bike, this is what Ashley and Sam sometimes call Berkley.


IMG_3060

Posing with the ribbon bouquet.  Ashley wouldn't take off those sunglasses!


IMG_3066

Trying to ride in heels and a dress.


IMG_3074

Bride to be with all but two of her bridesmaids, showing off some leg.


IMG_3070

And their goofy side.


IMG_3078

Ashley and moi.


IMG_3085

Ashley with her lovely mom and sister. 


IMG_3087 

Four generations: Ashley with her grandmother, mother and aunt, sister and cousin.

It was a lovely day.  For any friends or family who would like to see more shower photos, visit my Flickr set.

2 Comments:

Blogger Patty Ashworth said...

What a wonderful day! That's terrific!

5:09 AM  
Anonymous posicionamiento web said...

This cannot have effect in fact, that is what I believe.

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home